This course provides the major notions related to food products; it also points out the progressive modification imposes by the diffusion of agri-food quality culture with relation to regulatory, manufacturing, organizational, managerial, technological and economical issues, considering the environmental sustainability of food chains.
LEARNING OUTCOMES EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 'UNDERSTANDING
After completing the course, students must be in possession of the knowledge for:
- understand the qualitative and nutritional profile of food products;
- understanding the complex dynamics that regulate the agro-food chains both by technical and economic point of view;
- understand the role certification of product and system in the food industry.
- evaluate the environmental impact of major food chains;
- analyze the behavior of food consumers.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Identify / develop links between the various issues in the multidisciplinary approach typical of this discipline.
- apply relevant knowledge to the identification of the main points of force and weakness relating to the various agri-food sectors.
At the end of the course students will acquire an appropriate specific technical-scientific language of food commodity.