The course has the goal, as it is placed among the exams chosen by several degree courses, to provide, on the one hand, to the students who have never approached the environmental issues, an overall picture of the partitions of the law of environment and specific institutions to this link; on the other, for those who have already had the opportunity to study in depth the aforementioned issues, to provide highly ad hoc profes- sional insights through the theoretical-practical study, also through specific seminars and case studies, from a part of the problems of public environmental law related to technical-voluntary legal instruments with an economic content, and on the other to issues related to the main areas of application of environmental law.
More specifically, with reference to Dublin Descriptors, the course aims to the following goals.
Knowledge and understanding:
- of the notion of environment and environmental law;
- of partitions of environmental law;
- of the main multilevel legal sources existing for the protection of the environment;
- the principles of environmental law;
- subjects operating on legal issues in the environmental field, also from a multilevel point of view;
- the specificities related to the application of environmental law when operating within protected areas;
- of the relationships existing between environmental law and socio-economic variables;
- in the main sectors of Environmental Law (for the 9 cfu path).
Ability to apply knowledge and understanding:
- in identifying if the student is in the area of operation of environmental law;
- in the recognition of the interests involved in the management of environmental issues and their impact on environmental protection;
- in identifying whether there are margins for the applicability of the instruments and what the most suitable mix for effective environmental protection can be;
- in the solution of possible conflicts between sources of environmental law;
- in the critical reading of the action of public authorities and related environmental acts;
- in the thorough application of the principles of environmental protection even in protected natural areas
- in the individual sectors of environmental law with the search for specific legislation to be applied to individual cases (for those who carry a 9CFU program).
Autonomy of judgment:
- With regard to the action of public authorities, with reference to constitutional provisions and in a multilevel perspective, in the environmental sphere;
- In particular with regard to legislative and regulatory acts issued in the environmental field;
- In particular with regard to legislative and normative acts issued in the environmental field in the individual sectors of environmental law (for those who carry a 9CFU program).
- Acquisition of an adequate technical-legal language in the field of public environmental law.
- Ability to find and consult independently the legal sources, also from a multilevel point of view, in environmental matters;
- Ability to find and consult normative and jurisprudential comments of interest.
- Ability to self-train on the technical specificities of the individual sectors of Environmental Law (for those who carry a 9CFU program).