The course has the following objectives:
- Analyze and deepen the structural and functional aspects of production companies. The qualification of the latter as systemic units, the knowledge of the relational dynamics that interconnect the different production units with the economic environment of reference.
- Deepen the issues related to the opportunities offered by the operation of firms belonging to the construction sector.
The course aims to provide, to the students, the basic knowledge necessary to understand the economic-business realities in which they will operate. At the end of the course, students ought to be able to understand organizational and strategic choices of companies operating in the construction sector. In particular, they ought to be able, as technicians, to interconnect themselves with the other operating components in order to contribute to the choices interconnected to aspects such as: organizational structure, strategic planning, reporting activities.
Specifically, the course aims that students will cquire the following knowledge:
- Basic concepts related to economic systems, market functioning, differences between private, public, and non-profit companies;
- The firm as a system and interaction with the reference environment;
- Operation within the company, with particular reference to organization, management and accountability;
- Legal entity and economic entity.
Moreover the course will favour the acquisition of the following skills, understood as ability to apply the acquired knowledge:
- Identify organizational critical issues within the firm;
- Take part in strategic planning processes (e.g.: planning decisions, decision on participation in tenders);
- Participate in the firm's innovation and development processes;
- Participate in the analytical drafting of forecast budgets with respect to the creation of works and differences with respect to the preparation of a metric statement.